Monday, October 17, 2011

Response to Music Video to World on Fire

When I first read the lyrics to the song "World on Fire" by Sarah McLachian, I thought that it was about the issue of global warming. The reason I thought this was because some of the lines supported that. For example, the sun is referred to being "killer." The lyric is, "We part the veil on our killer sun." The sun is a huge cause for global warming. Also, the song title "World on Fire" has to do with fire, which leads back to the sun, which again, leads back to global warming.

Then, when I saw the video, my opinion changed. The video was almost self recorded. Sarah McLachian wanted to help children and adults in Africa. Throughout the video, clips of African people were shown. It either showed children in need, or adults that worked throughout the day. I really loved what Sarah wanted to do.

I was very surprised when I saw the prices of small things incorporated in a video. A small amount to spend on a music video was 150,000 dollars. Clips said in writing something along the lines of, "20,000 dollars could be spent on ______. That amount of money could help _________ in a poor country."I find it so heart-warming that someone would be willing to donate all of that money instead of having it for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment