**SPOILER ALERT**
I am re-reading the book If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I thought that it would be a good idea to to a great re-read and get anything great that I might have missed. So far, I think that I sped through a lot of Mia's memories because I wanted to know what was happening to her in the ICU or anywhere else in the hospital. I can't believe I did that, I have realized that the flashbacks are my favorite part of the book. When I read them, I can really see Mia for who she is and was. Also, they are so thought provoking and full of feeling.
Honestly, I love Mia's flashbacks. When she is in the hospital, nobody can see her for who she really is. She can't say anything, or really do anything. Because of that, I am always so excited to read about what she has to say and what actions she does. For example, at the beginning of the book, one of her memories is when her and her best friend Kim met. Mia actually got into a little bit of a fist fight with her. This is something we could never see Mia do while she is in a coma.
Another reason I love the memories is that they really get me thinking. Some show her relationships with others, or they might talk about her parents and I start to think about the car crash they got in. For example, at Mia's first cello recital, her parents are so supportive of her. Her and her parents are so much alike and Mia doesn't even realize it. I think that the fact that they are so similar was made on purpose by Forman.
No comments:
Post a Comment