Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where She Went, Adam and Mia

If I Stay is a fantastic book, but so is the sequel, Where She Went. I am doing another reread, this time for Where She Went. I think that it is hard to tell which book I love and enjoy more. In some ways, they are different, but some ways the same. In If I Stay, Mia is the narrator, which puts a spin on things. Also, Where She Went really is a story. There is much more dialogue, and a lot more of a "story mountain."

One of the reasons that the two books are different, although they follow with the same characters and the author, is that there are different narrators in each. In the first book, Mia is the narrator, and she expresses feelings in a totally different way than Adam does. Also, I think that it is very interesting that we (the readers) get to see both of their opinions. They have different personalities. Some might call them polar opposites.

Another reason that the two books are different is that in Where She Went, there is a more noticeable mountain of action. In If I Stay, just about the entire book takes place in the hospital. In its sequel, the setting is everywhere, and the crisis is easily defined. Also, since it is the last of the two books, there is a much clearer ending. That is why the two books are different.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you compared the two books to each other! These books just so happen to be one of my favorite series. I also agree that the second book has a clearer ending but I thought that the first book didn't have a fuzzy ending though.
    -Emily Ourzdine

    ReplyDelete