Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Kmart Miracle

Instead of responding to my book, I decided to write about the article "Anonymous Donors Pay Off Kmart Layaway Accounts" by Margery A. Beck. It really makes me feel happy to see people giving instead of taking. I respect the donors. I think that it is a really honorable thing that they did. It wasn't any of their business, but they wanted to give and be kind. I believe in Christmas, and this was definitely a Christmas miracle.

This is such an honorable thing to do. First of all, the donors were anonymous. They could have told the world, "Here I am, and I am an amazing and nice person!" They didn't. The act of kindness wasn't for themselves, it really was for the families in need. Second of all, for someone to do that means a lot. Now, the economy is tough. To take money out of their family and to give it to other people shows that they are caring people.

Families across the world are going through terrible times. There are families that have to deal with crazy financial debt, like for example, a family dealing with someone that has been diagnosed with a disease. Those families don't have the luxury of giving present after present. I love that these random people that don't even know the struggling families are willing to help. Sure, it isn't their business. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment