Maya Angelou is truly a fantastic poet. Her poetry amazes me every time I read it. One poem that I really like is called "Alone." Throughout the six stanzas, Maya Angelou expresses how she feels about being alone. In each and every one of those stanzas, the last line or the last two lines say either, "But nobody/ Can make it out here alone."or "Nobody, but nobody, can make it out here alone." I thoroughly agree with that statement. Everybody needs a friend, which is what Maya Angelou was trying to say in this poem.
Being alone in this world isn't going to be a good experience. Everyone needs somebody that they care about in their life. In the first stanza of the poem "Alone" by Maya Angelou, one line says; "How to find my soul a home." I believe that "home" isn't just where one lives. It is where one feels comfortable and where one feels happy. Some people say that, "the home is where the heart is." Based on this line, I think that Maya Angelou agrees with me. One can't really find a soul a home. I think that this line means that she's trying to find a place where she is happy. Her soul is a part of her. She is also speaking out to all of the readers of this poem, especially those that need to find a "home." Nobody should ever be alone.
In this world that we live in, there are many people that are going through hard times that don't have anyone to talk to. That is one of the hardest things to face. Maya Angelou says that "Nobody, but nobody, can make it out here alone." Having a friend or a loved one is so important in life. Trying to go at life all alone will be a tremendous struggle. Nobody should go at it alone.
After reading your post, I definitely agree with you! No one should have to face life alone. Having a friend or family member by your side can make all the difference. I, too, believe in the saying "Home is where the heart is". Home is wherever you are happy and comfortable; where you feel loved and appreciated. Great job!
ReplyDelete