I recently read an article called, "The Coffee Shop Where Everyone Pays For Everyone Else's Drinks". It is from a great column that I already wrote about, called People Are Awesome. The article is about a small coffee shop called Corner Perk. One woman paid for her drink, but left an extra one hundred dollars. She wanted to pay for everybody that ordered after her until the one hundred dollars ran out. After this, many other people came in and left money to pay for other's drinks. This one woman inspired many to be kind. This author definitely wants to spread the word of kindness. I recently read a different article written by the same author and it was also about acts of kindness and making a positive change in the world.
In our world, we have many bad people. When I say bad people, I mean rude, cold-hearted people that only care for themselves. I think that this author would feel the same way that I do when I say that I think it is nice to hear that there are people that are the opposite. This woman that left one hundred dollars paid for complete stranger's drinks. I noticed, and I'm sure that other readers of this article noticed, that she didn't pay for her friend's or acquaintance's drinks. These people were people that she had most likely never seen in her entire life. The author of this article clearly cares about people being kinder and making a change in this world. The article is not unbiased at all, the author show's off voice. The author is very persuasive near the end of the article. This author mentions that it doesn't take much to make someone's day or help them out in any way whatsoever. The author mentions that the cup of coffee is one dollar and ninety five cents. This may not sound like much, but in the long run it can help a family that is struggling financially. A persuasive article author can make for a better world. This author cares.
One act of kindness can lead to several more. I think that is the message is that the author is trying to send through this article and the way the author wrote it. One nice thing is all it takes to have a better world around us. Influence is a big issue in our world, but if everyone worked together, we could make it into a good thing. Everything matters, and even a cup of coffee can help make a change. It caused a trend, and now many are being nicer.
I loved your response! I completely agree with you! Even small acts of kindness can make the world a better place. In the news, I mostly come across problems the world is facing. I read about greedy, power-hungry people and crimes, including crimes against humanity, such as the KONY issue. It's nice to read about people who want to "spread" the act of kindness, even if that means buying a cup of coffee for someone. This was an insightful response.
ReplyDeleteWOW! I think that everyone who can afford it should do an act of kindness. After a while maybe the world will become a better place. This lady should be an inspiration to people around the world.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really well thought out piece of writing! I really hope that the article, and this post, will motivate people to be kind just because it's the right thing to do! I really would like to know more about the women who left the $100, because it's just nice to know we have people like her in our world! I've never read the People Are Awesome column but I would like to read it because I've seen many people write blog posts about it. Would you mind linking me to the column? Once again, nice job!
ReplyDelete