Monday, April 2, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness

          I was looking through great column on Good News, called People Are Awesome, and I found an article that really spoke out to me. The article is called, "Man Embarks on Year of Random Kindnesses." It is about a man named Ryan Garcia who had a very interesting New Year's resolution. Instead of weight loss, he chose to be a better person. Since December 2011, he has done something nice every day. The acts of niceness aren't for him. They are for friends, strangers, and anyone that deserves it. This guy, Ryan Garcia, deserves a reward.
          The author, as well as Ryan Garcia, wants everyone else to do nice things for others. (Not necessarily for a year, but every once and awhile. In the article, the author even invites us, the readers to do at least one act of kindness. At the very end of the article, the author encourages those that are reading the article to support what Ryan Garcia is doing for the world. The author also invites us to email Ryan Garcia and offer him supporting words. This author, I believe, was inspired by this man to do nice things. Why else would he have written an entire article devoted to this man? The answer to that question is that Ryan Garcia deserves it. Three hundred and sixty five acts of kindness deserves something. I'm sure that the author of "Man Embarks on Year of Random Kindnesses" would agree with me when I say that others can do this as well, and that Garcia deserves to be noticed.
          I think that Ryan Garcia is truly a great man. His New Year's resolution is to be a better person, so he does one nice thing every day for an entire year! He took an entire family to a basketball game. Personally, if I had the same New Year's resolution, I would go at it a different way. I would probably stop myself from doing anything wrong. Ryan Garcia is a nice person with a very warm heart, and his acts of kindnesses will speak out to whoever reads the article. Right now, our world needs people to do things like he did, for example, cleaning snow off of everyone's car on a street. There will be people that decide to follow in his footsteps and be a better person as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment